For the sake of searching humanity

by 7:21 AM 0 Say A Little Somthing
Hey all, it's been quite awhile.

And honestly, the silence has been due to the State of the Music Address.... which, undoubtedly forecasted that these years have been (and will be) the worst years in music. There are other circumstances that have made me doubt the sanity of humanity, and this post may seem super uneasy, melancholy, deprecating, whatever you will, but it's something that has to be said...as it has been ignored for too long. Let's not get into the nitty gritty, but it's just something I had to get out there.

Amongst the dreadful things, I'm going back in search of the old within the new. Or rather, just a newness with good old fashioned taste. I guess what spurred everything within these growing thoughts of...just awfulness, was this music video:

Right, and I know what you're thinking. WTF?! And brah, that's what I'm saying. But here's the thing. There are two things that looking back at this with a 2014 perspective make this song genius. Yes, I said it. genius.

  1. Ne-Yo respects his women. And this is not the only case because if you look 2008 and prior, 90% of music is quite enamoured by their females in more ways than just their booty. They even like other physical aspects, such as... idk.. their eyes. Not sure the last time a song complemented my eyes instead of a round 50lb rump. Also, this woman is a boss. And not in that b*tch way, but this woman has a well-paying job, probably making a 6 figure income, and has time to take care of herself with a well deserved pedicure and trip to the salon. So not only is she an effective leader in the workplace within corporate management (I hope she gets paid as equally as a male... we won't get into that), but she looks good doing it too. And Ne-yo notices this. Good for you, man. 
  2. Choreo. That's it. No one puts effort like that anymore. Dance trends right now (that shall not be named), are just terrible accidents that got caught on camera. Where did all the choreo go? Usher, Ne-yo, Omarion. The fact that I'm asking for your help is something I would never see myself ever doing, ever. But get in there and teach those boys how to at least put some sort of thought into it. 

Anyways, enough because I'm even getting nauseated just writing about this. But for those of us who want a sliver of hope, I'll do my best to find them and share. Here's a little gem by The Head and The Heart. A live session that will have you jump by the bonfire and clap around in a jim-jab-jamboree:

Haley Bob

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 Say A Little Somthing:

Post a Comment