Cheers to 10 Years; For Your Future Came to Now

by 7:35 PM 0 Say A Little Somthing
So it's finally happening.

I'm not sure if can adequately express the crazy emotions of soul...

It's official that good old Jimmy Eat World is doing a 10 year anniversary tour for one of their best albums ever (and my personal favorite), Futures.
Can you believe that though? 10 years. It's crazy to think that the album that changed my life has come so far to still sweep all my feelings away, as if it just came out yesterday (oh yes the feels). I just think some of these tracks alone are engrained in my memory as the best songs ever. They've pulled me through a lot, and they spoke of things that I never understood until now. I was only 11 years old when the album released, and I could see that there was something beyond me hidden within Futures. So over the years of listening repeatedly, always standing still, and enrapturing myself in the music, I finally have it. The completion of the words resounding in my head, the ah-ha moment, has finally sunk in. I have felt the complete experience of Futures. 

Damn Jimmy, you really are genius.

What strikes a chord with me, is the entire album can make you melt. And simply the fondness I've attached to it has put me to teary eyed moments. Sorry to be a sap, but I probably will drop a tear during this concert.

I've never been to an anniversary tour before (unless the reunited Blink-182 tour counts?), so I'm not sure if strictly tracks from Futures will be performed. But if so, I'm totally okay with that. If not, I'm totally okay with that. And if they don't play "The Middle", then I'm more than okay with that. (sorry).

If you've never listened to Futures, then you must. Now. Now I say. Go! Go on! Do it!

Here are my favorite tracks (okay...most of them. but seriously. these are the best):

Futures*
Work**
Kill*
The World You Love*
Polaris*
Night Drive
23**

*Denotes a prediction of me tearing up, if performed 
**Super teary eyes
Night Drive is great for some in-the-car romance, if ya know what I mean. winky wink.

Sorry to be a pile mush today. But you gotta feel my feels!!!

Haley Bob

Developer

Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Curabitur blandit tempus porttitor. Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.

0 Say A Little Somthing:

Post a Comment